Easy Home Made Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Hey babes, Shandyn here with a great DIY face mask! With so much going on externally, we don't blame you for needing some quality self-care time. If you've been bored in the house like us, you've probably cycled through all your usual face masks and are itching to try something new. Well good news! We have 3 all-natural and super easy DIY face-mask recipes! These easy recipes only require a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and will leave your skin glowing and feeling rejuvenated! Keep reading to get your glow on!
Need some laid-back styling inspo? Here are 5 Sleek Ways to Style Casual Black Leggings!
1. Hydrating Avocado Mask
There are three superfoods in this yummy, fully edible mask and they all work wonders for your face. Avocado is extremely hydrating, cocoa is an excellent skin-soothing antioxidant, and honey is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory! This one is perfect for warm summer days.
- half an avocado
- one tablespoon cocoa powder
- one tablespoon honey
1. Mash half of an avocado in a small bowl
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
2. Glowy Turmeric Mask
We have a secret weapon to help give skin that extra glow and its name is turmeric. Turmeric is known to decrease microbial growth and inflammation, all of which can cause breakouts. Turmeric used as a topical can also help with discoloration or hyper-pigmentation! Bonus: This mask can also be used to spot treat breakouts!
- three tablespoons turmeric powder
- one tablespoon water
- one tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Mix two tablespoons of turmeric powder with one tablespoon water
2. Add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (for some vitamin C!) until it creates a thick liquid
3. Apply to your face and leave it on for 5 minutes
3. Honey Citrus Mask
This honey and orange based mask is the best quick fix to give dull skin a bright and pretty glow. Orange and lemon juice are both natural astringents that cut through excess oil and sloughs off dead skin cells to result in brighter, smoother skin. It also aids in the brightening of the skin to reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and scarring for an overall evener skin tone.
- two tablespoons of orange juice
- quarter-cup of honey
- one squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Combine two tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
2. Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always and forever, follow with a moisturizer.