Every Day Smokey Eye Tutorial
Posted on 27 January 2017
Mastering a smokey eye that's understated enough to rock every day doesn't have to be expensive, nor impossible! Don't believe me? Well, with the help of our NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Dusk 'Til Dawn, just about every girl can create this effortlessly gorgeous look on a budget. Luckily for you, I got the inside scoop from celebrity makeup artist, Allison Pynn, on how to really make these shades pop! And she broke down her process into nine easy steps that even the most novice of makeup users can replicate! Scroll down to see how to achieve this soft, smokey eye!
1. Dust color #3 on the inner core of the eye.
2. Use color #2 all over lid and under the eye.
3. Pick up color #4 and work into the outer corner and into the crease and dust under the eye.
4. Use color #7 to accentuate the outer corners, without going as far into the crease and run along the lash line and then dust lightly under the eye.
5. Drag #10 along the upper and lower lash lines to the midway point, making sure to hug the line tightly.
6. Use a black eyeliner of your choosing to create a soft, winged cat eye, making sure to tight-line the lid to keep in with the natural, smokey eye effect.
7. Use black eyeliner in the water line, smudging it down slightly underneath.
8. Layer on two coats of a mascara of your choosing to the upper and lower lashes.
9. Place individual lashes of your choosing to add drama in a most natural-looking way possible.
What do you think? Is this something that you would replicate? Let me know in the comments!